The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Here and There

I want to mention a few things before I get to the meat of this post.

  • During class on Thursday, our guest lecturer suggested that we purchase our own websites, just in case we need them someday. So that means if typing in petechat.blogspot.com is too much, you can now go to peterdorsch.com. It's all very exciting.
  • Jordan and Marlo had a baby girl yesterday, Lydia Lynn. She is very cute, and I look forward to meeting her at Thanksgiving.
  • I finished my first round of midterms in Grad School. I survived, and think I did pretty well. It was certainly stressful though.
  • Tears of joy are being shed across the YSA community, as everyone's favorite red headed Korean, Stephanie Sonksen got engaged this weekend. I emailed Stephanie about a month ago that I had a dream that she and Adam were engaged, and now they are. Congrats Steph!
  • After eight years as a T-Mobile customer, I switched to Verizon, and am the proud owner of an iPhone 4S. So far I really enjoy it. Last night Shannon and I finally figured out how to use Face Time. 


Speaking of Shannon, she came out to visit me last week and we had a very fun weekend, of watching Soccer, and Football, eating our way through Southern California, and Shannon's first trip to the Magic Kingdom. We met up with a few of my friends from school and enjoyed Disneyland's Halloween themed evening. It was great because they limited the number of people in the park so most of the lines weren't long. In fact we walked right onto Splash Mountain. I think Shannon was very impressed by Disneyland and is developing a deep and abiding love for it like I have.


We didn't take too many pictures, but we made sure to get a classic shot in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. They had trick or treating, a haunted version of Space Mountain, and the ride broke down while we were on Mr. Toad's. And in case you were wondering about the new Star Tours, it is freaking awesome. While the continuity made no sense, visiting the Battle of Hoth and then the Battle of Naboo is was still so cool. I was loving it. Both the Cougars and 49ers won their games which made for a great sports weekend.

Monday morning Shannon and I drove back to Pepperdine so I could go to class. Shannon was nice enough to make dinner for my roommates and I, and then all to quickly it was back to the airport. These trips never last long enough, so we are already planning to meet up in Utah for my Birthday, which is one month from today. I am not nearly as freaked out about this as I was about turning 30.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I've gotta get out there and try out this new Star Tours ride. Haven't heard a bad review yet!

Stephanie said...

Thanks Peter! Your dream was a turning point in our relationship. Couldn't have done it without your inspiration! Miss you in DC, but it looks like you're having a good time. That makes me happy. My advice: keep taking Shannon to Disneyland.