The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stuff I'm Thinking About

You'd think by know that I would be used to this new blogging regimen but alas I am still getting used to blogging in the evenings. I do however like to blog while I am listening to my iPod. I have such a random mix of songs that I am often surprised at the sequences of songs that come up. So here I am blogging away listening to Tears for Fears and who knows what is coming up next.

So the other day my dear sister Chrissi calls me and leaves a really funny message on my voicemail. I don't think outside of my family people realize how engrained the weed whacker story is. Both of my sisters thought I was finally going to confess, Chrissi went as far as to say that she was prepared to call my dad to tell him to come over and to check out the blog. When I talked to Chrissi later she said she enjoyed the weed whacker part but didn't read the part about Jim Thome. Dan said that he had read the Jim Thome part but not the weed whacker part. He and Melanie both said that my paragraphs were too long. Thus the predicament I find myself in, I liked to write long detailed free associative postings but I'm not sure people read them. So am I writing this for me or for the readers? Chrissi said she likes shorter but more frequent postings. We'll see I guess.

I've been plating a lot of flag football lately. Oh how I love flag football. We have a pick up game every Wednesday and I am in a league on Saturday. I even played an extra game where I managed to have a couple of great catches and true to form dropped a touch down in the end zone. I tell myself if I buy gloves that will make all the difference. I am going to dedicate an entire post to my love of flag football.

Remember how I spent a paragraph in my last post about getting pictures with celebrities. Well we had three in the office today and I took no pictures. I don’t know what happened. I don’t think I was gun shy, for whatever reason I was just not feeling it. I will say these two things, Lauren Holly is taller in person than you might think, and Tim Daly has good style.

So those are some of the things that I am thinking about.

4 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

I have to tell you...I don't comment often. I'm a lurker but at least you know I'm lurking. Anyway, you are in my Google Reader so I do get your updates. And let me tell you, you crack me up. It seriously reminds me of the days when my students would just come shoot the bull in my office. I miss those days. I miss my students. Really. Those were good days. So it's nice to have a few of you whose blogs I read. Just thought you should know.

Joshrose16 said...

I read your posts start to finish 95% of the time. The long ones, the short ones, and the ones that I don't understand at all. It gives me something to do at work that doesn't consist of working.

Danielle said...

I read ALL of them. I think they're luxury. Also, if you don't get a picture. It doesn't really count.

Amber said...

Tim Daly is hot. Always has been.