I hear a lot of ways to describe the work environment around the Hill. Some say it's like a preschool and occasionally it looks like an old folks home. Well today it was a zoo...literally.
Every year the zoos have an event where they showcase a few of their animals. I used to love to go to receptions when I was an intern but now I would usually prefer to just go home. That being said the Zoo Reception is one I never miss. I took a few pictures of some of the creatures they brought.
This is a genuine look of terror, the porcupine got closer than I was comfortable with. Thank you Veronica for taking this at the perfect moment.
Some people say that Flamingos are tacky. They are...unless they are actual flamingos. This guy was well trained and followed his keeper around like a puppy would.
Crickey! A belt and shoes. I was also frightened of this thing. There was a guy standing by me who said that his dad used to trap alligators. In the words of Ron Burgandy..."I don't believe you."
This guy was not going anywhere quickly. The only animals they would let you hold were the turtles and the snakes. No thanks. I'm fine.
Can you imagine running into this thing in the wild. It's just crazy looking. Apparently porcupines are nocturnal so you rarely see them but they are out there. Additionally they do not shoot their quills.
So I know this is sort of a random post but I thought you might like it.
4 comments:
I am SOOOOOOOO jealous!!!!!
miss you..
Remember when we held that snake with Jim Fowler. What happened to that picture?
That first picture is priceless, mostly because the zoo jeeper chick is like, "is this pansy for real?".
You and the porcupine pic is my new computer background.
Post a Comment