The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Phoning It In

Can you believe it is July? This year is just flying by. I just wanted to note a few things that have been on my mind the last few days.

  • Congrats to Tracy and Odie on their engagement. I couldn't be happier for two people.
  • I had been playing flag football two times a week. One game was a pick up game with guys from the ward and the other was in a league. After two amazing wins in the playoffs my team was unceremoniously forfeited when the league owner claimed he had sent an email out changing the game time. He couldn't produce the email he had sent, but none the less we were out. I had a ton playing for the SNAC Team.
  • I went to four Angels games in five days. They won three of them and looked good in all of them. I was pretty disappointed when they returned to Southern California by their inability against the Dodgers even when Weaver and Arredondo pitched a combined no hitter. They scored one run over the weekend, and thanks to a gem by John Lackey got out with a W.
  • I am glad that Javier reads my blog. Now we need to get Ryan to be a consistent Pete Chat reader.
  • I talked to my dad last Friday. He is having a great time in Germany and is getting me a new soccer jersey.
  • I have been really bad at taking pictures lately, thus I have none to add to my blog entry.

I was going to write about my phone call habits but it was feeling sort of uninspired so I will save it for another time.

4 comments:

Jenn S. said...

" I had been playing . . ."

Seriously? Mrs. Burns is probably rolling in her grave knowing what kind of grammar you are putting out in the universe.

PS - What did Dad say he is bringing me?

Joshrose16 said...

Ryan is never going to read... he's too busy playing with his Iron Man toys. Sorry

Brian said...

Sorry to break this to you, but it wasn't an official no-hitter. 8 innings does not a no-hitter make. Tough loss, though. I saw Howie Kendrick at the Spectrum today. He was waiting for his wife outside the Lucky Store. I shook his hand. Really nice guy.

Danielle said...

One time, when you come out here, we need to combine all of our 'censored' rap music. I think that we would have quite the collection.