I don't work at the Analysis Group. But that small fact does not stop me from enjoying their annual ski trip. I just got back from a fun weekend at Winter Green Resort thanks to my good friend former and soon to be again roommate Scott Inouye. Scott's company has a ski trip every year and I have been lucky enough to tag along. I've blogged about this before and we always have a great time.
I wasn't so motivated to get out the camera, so I don't have any pictures to share. The snow wasn't bad (it wasn't great either) but I had a great day snowboarding. I ventured into the terrain park, wanted to go off a jump, but didn't line it up right, so I pulled up and went for a rail slide. That didn't go so well, I had poor balance and somehow ended up sliding on my back and not so much on my board. Billy said it wasn't violent, but it did generate some derisive comments from people above me on the lift.
After five years of snowboarding I am over my mental block of getting off the lift, all I ask is that the people make intelligent decisions when they are sharing the lift with me. My vocal frustration over this led Scott and I to have an ongoing battle to knock one another over when exiting lift. The interesting thing about this was that Jessica turned out to be the only one who got knocked over.
Scott turned 28 day, and we celebrated that by my making an announcement at the company dinner. Scott was scared that I would say something embarrassing, but I kept it short and we sang to him.
We never did quite get the temperature right at night and I slept with my Ugg Boots on two nights in a row. They were champs.
Thanks Analysis Group.
5 comments:
I absolutely 'hate' sharing a lift with snowboarders. It always seems to end badly. I also 'hate' sharing a lift with Jack-o, but that is a whole other story...
i was not aware you had ugg boots.
Ugg boots with shorts is not a good look.
Oh Peter.
that is because you knocked me over. i did not enjoy being the means by which you "sent a message"
Post a Comment