The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Costumes

Times were tough in the depression
Josh, Myself, Ryan at the Barber's roaring 20's Halloween Party 2006
My first Halloween home with the kids.




I thought I might take a moment to list the Halloween Costumes I remember being over the years.
  • Leopard
  • Zorro
  • Ninja
  • Rambo (Didn't get to go Trick or Treating I was sick)
  • Jason (Mom was in Idaho so it was up to Dad and I to put a costume together)
  • Pirate
  • Clown
  • Tom Sawyer
  • Pirate
  • Cowboy
  • Construction Worker
  • Soldier
  • German Tourist
  • Shane's Twin
  • Han Solo
  • Hip Hopper
  • An American in Sweden
  • Sheriff
  • John Cena
  • Dust Bowl Farmer
  • Not so Authentic Viking
  • And you'll have to wait until later this week when I blog about this year's awesome costume.

I was talking with some friends (possibly Diana*) about how when I was a kid after my Birthday and Christmas Halloween was like the best day of the year. I loved trick or treating, and when i was a little older I remember decorating my house and making a "man to sit by my front door. My friend Robin assumed the same pose next to the door and we would scare the trick or treaters. I think that was tenth grade. Last year I spent my first Halloween in Whittier since High School. It was fantastic to go trunk or treating with the kids. I love the idea that you go door to door getting candy. That makes so much sense to me. Last year we ran out of Candy and I was forced to give away quarters as it was my responsibility to answer the door. Tonight should be fun, my roommates and I have awesome costumes and are the realization of a vision I have had for my Halloween costume for quite some time.

Happy Halloween!

* It's quite possible it wasn't Diana but I told her I would mention her in my blog today.





6 comments:

shane said...

Your memory is amazing. I had forgotten about that Halloween, but now I vaguely remember something about blue and white shirts. I think I still have a picture somewhere.

Joshrose16 said...

Dude, how many more random pictures of me do you have?

Brian said...

I was at my parent's a few weeks ago watching an old home video of ours from Halloween. I was Don Mattingly. How awesome is that?!

Daniel said...

Watch Diana like a hawk...

Jenn S. said...

Pete - do you have a picture of you in the Rambo costume? I think there might be one in that pile of pictures that I gave you when we were at Southland.

Peter said...

I remember that picture. I was Rambo and you were a cheerleader. I don't remember seeing it at Southland.