The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ice Cube Would Agree...It Was A Good Day

Pete Chat took a little hiatus the last few days but I don't want my millions (more like dozens) of readers to think that I wouldn't be blogging while on vacation. So for all of you who are stuck in front of the computer I give you this bit of winter sunshine.

My good friends Veronica and Jeff had their wedding yesterday. They didn't get married because they had eloped a year ago because Jeff was heading back to Iraq for another tour as a Marine Captain. Veronica had asked me some time ago if I would be willing to video the festivities. Although I am not a professional I have videoed weddings in the past. Thus armed with my camera and trusty tripod I went about capturing the event. Although I haven't looked at the footage, I think it turned out fine. But because I was filming I have no still photos. After the wedding and the reception, my friend Laurent and I watched UFC 92. I was very pleased that my man Rampage (you may know him from my wolves shirt) recaptured his winning ways. It was a very exciting event,and the crowd was really into it. Those events coupled with a trip to the pet store (working hard on my dad that he needs a dog) I would call it a successful day.

The night before Ryan, Josh, and I got together. We had a great time discussing the important things in life namely sports and comic book movies. I assured our server that we were not nerds but I don't think she was convinced. If I have learned anything form this trip is that it has definitely gotten more difficult to get the old gang together. I'm not sure if it's kids, lack of interest, or what but two years ago it wasn't difficult at all, this time despite my best efforts it hasn't happened. It's too bad really.

Now I'm up in Utah for a few days of family stuff and definitely some snowboarding.

5 comments:

Jacqueline M said...

Lou- Im glad you are here Yee Ha See you in the morning. *tyler*

Joshrose16 said...

That's more like it, now keep it up.

Anonymous said...

oh I bet the wedding was beautiful!! Wish I could have been there.. please please give both of them my love :)

I know what you mean about trying to get together with old friends.. this year we've actually done better than last (we failed miserably). It was enough incentive for us to plan ahead this time.

Oh well. All of our out of state and married friends will be reunited with us in heaven though, right? =D

Love you, Peter! Happy holidays..

Danielle said...

Please update your blog with some info about me. Please and thank you.

Jenn S. said...

That picture -----> of Teddy Geiger is very disturbing and quite questionable. I'd hurry and download a new song, one where a boy who looks like a girl isn't cuddling a musical instrument.