When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
-1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a missionary in Sweden I really wanted to buy four things. A Swedish Soccer Jersey (Svenska Lands Laget Fotball Troja), a norwegian sweater (lusekofte),a wool coat, and a Haglofs Backpack (RyggsÀck). By the time my two years were over I had all four. I remember that I looked at one particular backpack for some time, although my black jansport worked just fine I wanted this one back pack. The Haglofs Tight Pro. One day I saw a coupon for the store that had it and it was settled. I think I paid 80 bucks for it, and virtually everyday since then I have used it as my primary mode of hauling my junk around.
This guy went all over Europe with me, carried my books in college, traveled with me back and forth from Washington to California and many places in between. Because this back pack has been so trusty I felt that it needed it's own blog post to sing its praises. But as I have noticed more and more lately it looks pretty ridiculous to be going to work in a nice suit, sometimes cuff links and a back pack, so I decided to switch to the the messenger bag.
This is my new messenger bag that I purchased from Quicksilver. It is black, has pockets, and holds my stuff. I don't know that it really makes me look more grown up but it works better than the back pack.
I like to think of the back pack as a former starting pitcher that has moved to the bullpen. It can still be effective in spots here and there, but it won't be the "go to" anymore.
In a totally unrelated note, I love my sister Chrissi, even though she has not called me in days, arranged a Hawaiian trip, or sent me a birthday present. But I do love her.
4 comments:
Chrissi has been too busy having fun with me to read or reply to any blogging material. As her secretary I say whatever to that From Mrs. Queen X-Tina
I like the new shoulder bag. Very metro-sexual. Haha.
It's so hard growing up sometimes. The pics would have been more effective had you been modeling the new/old bag. Good job by you, anyway.
Oh... also... does the recent purchase of your new bag mean you just recently became a man? Just wondering.
Post a Comment