I have not forgotten about my plan to more closely report on my new residence. it'll be here at some point.
As I am spending more time at home plotting my next move, I often work in the living room. It has plentiful natural light coming in and a comfortable sofa for me to plot from. However, the thing I enjoy the most is without question the view I have of what I like to call our "Annex". Now according to dictionary.com an annex is "A building added on to a larger one or an auxiliary building situated near a main one." 

So technically it isn't a building and it isn't physically attached, but it is attached to our hearts.The roommates and I have lived here for more than two weeks and I can hardly explain how delighted we are to have this majestic creation outside our lovely picture window. Yes this copper (rust) colored van sits outside our place everyday and never moves. The day we moved in I said to Jim that we should probably have it towed. He said maybe it isn't the best way to ingratiate ourselves to the neighbors by immediately having their vehicles towed, so I held off on that. A few days later the city posted a note on its window saying move it or else. Well it isn't abandoned. I was sitting here one day and an older gentleman walked up and started piddling around with it. Apparently he lives up the street but was generous enough to allow us to enjoy his treasure.
Welcome to the neighborhood I guess.
A few tidbits.
- Ryan Barber was here for a few days. We had so much fun. Ryan and I always have a ton to talk about. One of the best topics was who went with whom to the different formal dances and in which limos with which different groups. He, Lauren, and Lucy may be moving out here...fingers crossed.
- I finally beat X-Men Legends ii on my PS2. I love that game.
- Somethings are partly metal and somethings can at the same time be partly real. Think about that.
- It is unwise to text your cousin early in the first half. That will always lead to bad things. Oh Dani-lee you should know better.
3 comments:
It's ok. I was just basking in the glory of a fairly well played first half. I called KK during half time and said thank you for a wonderful season (I knew that was the end right there.)
P.S. I'm pretty sure your ONLY nephew is having a birthday today. I didn't see him mentioned anywhere in this blog.
Wow, multiple blogs. I admit that I am shocked and delighted. Well done Peter, well done.
hah! so my grad school building happens to be in the Architecture Annex... and it is a piece. I enjoyed the post :)
Post a Comment