The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Where does the time go?

A while back I was at home in Whittier and I found my missionary journal. It was fun strolling down memory lane and remembering some of the interesting and not so interesting things I did during those two years. Besides how horrified I was at my prose ( I feel like my writing has improved by leaps and bounds since then) one of the things I noticed was how often I used the phrase, "I can't believe the time has gone by so fast", and other variations of that sentiment. I thought to myself as I was reading, of course time goes by, what else is it supposed to do? That's what time does, it passes. You can't stop time, you can't hurry time, it just keeps going by. That being said, and fully addressing the fact that I just admitted to the fact that I hate that particular cliche, wow is time flying.

 I am finished with my first year of Grad School, next Friday the Lakers are in the midst of the playoffs,  and I'm less than four months away from getting married. It's sort of hard to believe that it has gone by so fast. I really loved my first year of Grad School and my time at the Lakers. If I have one regret it is that I didn't make a game by game diary of the Lakers. I have lots of little anecdotes from my time there. If everything works out I'll be the owner of a Lakers Championship ring which would be absolutely awesome.

What you might not know is that the just after the Laker's season is over I am heading to Israel to intern for the Israeli national soccer team. I'll be living in Tel Aviv for about two months. I am really excited about this and really have no idea what to expect. It should make for an interesting few weeks.

Shannon and I are getting married August 18th in Washington DC. We're really excited and already a little (a lot) sick of wedding planning. Eloping often seems like a good idea.

Some of the things I am responsible for include, finding us a place to live (probably Santa Monica, Malibu, or Venice) picking out the tuxedos (Don Draper-esque) and planning the Whittier open house. All of these things, I have worked very little on. Instead I managed to get some terrific strain of cold/allergy/plague that has me spending a lot of time watching episodes of the BBC's Sherlock and Game of Thrones.

In my last post I wrote that my blog was not going to be neglected, and then I went and neglected it. I'll do better this time.

1 comment:

Milan said...

Santa Monica, Malibu, or Venice? Excellent choices. SO thrilled to see that the Valley isn't being considered. You know I'd never visit you guys there... ;)