The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Inspired Again







When I get a little lax at updating my blog all I need is a little inspiration from one of my friends to get me going again. Matt let me know that he started a blog. Frankly I have no excuses. The camera is working and I have actually done things that people might find quasi interesting lately. I have been going nuts with the live events lately. Last week I went to see The Who in concert at the Verizon Center.For a bunch of old guys who are approximately my dad's age these guys rocked. In fact I bought one of their songs on iTunes today. Friday I drove with my friend Dan up to Philly to see the Lakers play the 76ers. We missed out on the Lakers playing the Wizards earlier this season. The game was totally sold out. No one including scalpers on the street had tickets. Seeing as Philly was the next closest place we weren't going to miss our chance. A friend of mine used his connections and we were able to purchase the last two available tickets for the game. The Lakers played great in the first half and Kobe had 21 pts. Unfortunately they came out ice cold in the second half and lost the game. The Sixer fans were very respectful and I didn't fear for my life for wearing my Lakers sweatshirt. I also went down to the announce table and introduced myself to Stu Lantz the color commentator for the Lakers. It was very cool. The finale of my Live Event week was Monday Night Raw. I know my mom thought that wrestling was just a phase I would eventually grow out of but 18 years after I saw Ricky Steamboat beat Ric Flair in a best 2 out of 3 falls match I still watch. Maybe not quite as religiously as before but I TiVo it every week so I can catch the highlights. I went with Scott my roommate to see Raw at the Verizon Center. Our seats weren't great but we still had a lot of fun. Among the Highlights were the contract signing between Vince McMahon and Donald Trump. An appearance by Stone Cold Steve Austin and out of nowhere a video message from The Rock. So I have no live events scheduled until the Killers come to town sometime in April.


No comments: