The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bye Michael pt. 2

Just a few things to mention.
  • Last night I went to dinner with President Bush. I'll blog about that soon.
  • We had our quarterly Cici's run. The bell was rung. I'll post about that.
  • I need to do an official B-day shout out to Marc and Barber. Neither of which read my blog.
  • The new blog schedule is taking some getting used to but I like sitting on my bed and listening to my music. I'm listening to "O-o-o Child" by the Five Stair Steps. I love this song. I would play it for anyone who is having a bad day.
  • Nelson, Ricks, Hayden , and Kat have all expressed interest in guest blogging. If you are interested let me know.
  • The plan is to head up to Scranton PA this weekend... who knows.
  • I just had one of those moments where I thought I need to call mom and tell her something. Gosh I miss her.
  • Mandy and McMary remember when we used to be friends? What happened?

And back to the Michael party.

We chanted "Speech, Speech" . He wasn't terribly excited to say anything.

After institute on Tuesday we invited people over for root beer floats and to say good bye to Michael. We had a lot of fun people over, even some who had never visited before. Michael is a pretty chill guy and doesn't crave the spotlight (quite a bit different than me). We asked him to say a few words and I sort of remember him saying something but now two days later I can't really remember.

A few of the fine folks who showed up to honor Michael. Some more unexpected than others.

Lincoln presented Michael with an amazing picture from his days as a Bennington boy. Dan and I presented him with...well nothing. This reminds me. I told Michael that I would say good bye before he left. So Wednesday morning I marched up to his room to say good bye. He was wrapped like a mummy in his bed and I think I really startled him because he woke up with a look of shear terror. It was quite funny

Three of the lovelies Katie, Roz and, Katie. I am so glad our friendship didn't end at Duck Beach.

I must reiterate how many fun people were there. I hardly had time to say hi to everyone. One of the fun things about getting new roommates is that it expands your circle of friends. Michael knew a lot of people I didn't know just a few months ago, and now presto more friends. I love it. Everyone is very excited for Michael but sad we won't have him around for six months.

Which is which? These two have been confused for one another many times.

Good luck Michael. We'll miss you and take good care of your belongings. Let me know if you need a drink of water or some fresh jammies.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

A few thoughts:

1) Srsly is that who I think it is?

2) Receiving a morning package from Peter is less than welcome. Dial it down.

3) I don't bring any friends to the table - but you can thank me for the HD TV.

4) Michael's stay was short - I thought my new found crock pot dinners would be enough to get him to stay - but he would prefer to become a stone cold tax killer of tax evaders.

Kaylyn said...

That was a beautiful tribute to Michael and a very nice farewell. Well done Dorsch.

Anonymous said...

I think I want to call you Porsch for now on. I think that is a very flattering nickname. Later, Porsch!

Mandy said...

Peter,
I remember when we used to be friends until we were replaced. Sad. However, thinking about it, I believe that Mary has continued to be a great friend. SHE did throw that party for Michael.

I love you and miss you, dear friend.