Anyway last week my friend Mike called and asked me if I was interested in going on a tour of the West Wing of the White House. Needless to say I was more than excited for the opportunity. I had been on an East Wing tour a few times but never in the West Wing.
Yes that is NFL Hall of Famer Troy Aikman. Steve Young was not there.One of the places that you can take pictures on the tour is the rose garden. I was on the tour with Mike's High School chemistry teacher and family. I was taking some pictures of the family when I noticed a woman who I would describe as striking. I mean she was really made up. She was followed by a woman who I would guess was her mother because she was an older clearly face lifted version of the first lady. Now I haven't spent a lot of time around people I would call "monied" but these two ladies definitely seemed to have that aura about them. I remember thinking "I wonder who they are?" And then walked out Troy Aikman. AHA! His wife and mother in law.I recognized him right away, and after years and years of practice getting my picture taken with famous people I knew that I must not hesitate. I went and introduced myself and politely asked if I could get my picture with him. Although the interaction was brief Troy was really nice and it was unlikely that he knew that there was a time in the mid 90's when my greatest hope was that he would get pummeled at the hands of Bryant Young and Dana Stubblefield.
Look out Dana Perino. I'm angling for your job.Mike took us to see the White House Press Pool. This is the room where they have a lot of the President's news conferences. They recently remodeled this room so I couldn't stand behind podium because they have a fancy new podium with all sorts of technology built in.
I took a seat in the Press Pool where all of the major news outlets. Helen Thomas has her seat in the front row. I chose not to sit there but rather farther back. I'm not sure whose chair I was in but I eventually found the LA Times seat.


5 comments:
Peter,
You are one of the most luxury people I know. For real. Good luck to your Lakers tonight. (They need it after the way they've played the last few games. Ha.)
In deference to the dear brother (Peter), probably good there was a roped off area to keep you from the open microphone - an issue that has recently perplexed us, yet somehow illuminated the minds of many.
It's funny how many times I've seen these same pictures filled with different people I know from DC. I'm very happy for you by the way! I just can't help but think of how many times I could have landed a West Wing tour and it never happened. Tear. I think my DC adventures have come to pass for now (or forever). Glad you are still there.. along with your faithful co-workers. That makes me happy!
Have a great day, Pete :)
Pete - I'll come to DC if you can land me a West Wing Tour and a tour of the Bush family residence.hs
--Your VIP sister
Seriously. very cool.
Thank you. I am very aware of this horrible situation. KK needs to step up asap. As for your Lakers, they did have a rather impressive win last night. Maybe I will start cheering for them because they can win on the road. But wait, they sometimes can't win at home. Ouch!
Post a Comment