The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Friday, August 10, 2007

This is What I've Been Doing

Besides a couple of Haiku's I haven't updated the blog in some time. Because I am working from home I have a second to mention a few of the things going on in my life. And per my usual methodology I am going to hit it up bullet point style. I left my camera cord at home so no pictures today.

  • First and most importantly an update on my mom. I think the best way to describe her current condition is...OK. She isn't doing great but it could be much worse. She is talking and eating and loves having the family around. After the scare we had about two weeks ago we are so thankful for this. She is in a rehab facility getting better so she can come home soon. She was diagnosed with a condition called vascullitus which is an inflammation of the blood vessels in the brain. This was causing more strokes. The doctor prescribed some new medicine and that helped a ton.
  • My sister Jennifer flew in the same day I did. She brought Kate with her too. Jenn was great at taking charge and finding out the info on all sorts of things. I know she was a big help to Chrissi and my dad.
  • Haydan, Bronte, and Gavin continue to be the cutest kids in Whittier. They know every time I come home it means a trip to Toys R Us. They are relentless until I take them. Haydan got another doll, Bronte got some Barbie Make Up and I bought Gavin a Tonka Dump Truck. I think they were all pleased.
  • Most everyone knows how I am a huge Angels fan. I have listened to or watched on TV all of the games since I have been home. I love it.
  • I went down to the District Office a few times since I have been home. It has such a different vibe than the DC office. It is always a lot of fun to spend time there.
  • We had a pool party at the Boss' house. It was really fun and once I have pictures, I'll do an entire post devoted to it.
  • My blackberry and I are completely inseparable. It has been great to keep in contact with everyone.
  • One of my best friends in the whole world Jeff Watkins got accepted to Med School.
  • It's always good to kick it with B-Rock, Barber, and MF JR.
  • Work has been so great about letting me be close to my family. They have been incredibly accommodating.
  • I have pretty much become a celebrity at the Southland Rehab Center. My dad loves to tell everyone about his son who works in DC. So yeah...I'm kind of a big deal.
  • Cheaper by the Dozen Two is a pretty good movie.
  • I went to church at the Family Ward on Sunday. I went by myself and it was strange being the guy to represent the family and answer all the questions about my mom.
  • A family that I took on a tour of the White House and Capitol Building was there. I think the kids like me better than their own Uncle. Probably because I see them more often.
  • I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I liked it, was slightly confused by the ending and am interested to see what Ms. Rowling does next.
  • Finally I want to thank everyone who has called, emailed, texted and all the other ways I have been contacted. I do miss my friends a ton. And it is nice to know that I am missed. Once my mom is better I'll be back to, chase babes, give my roommies a hard times, make provocative comments and all the other things I love to do at the Melrose. Thank you for thinking of me and my family. Your prayers and thoughts are needed and greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

Mary said...

i just wrote you a long comment and it didn't publish. i hope it is just lost in cyberspace and will show up soon.

if not, the top three points were:
1.) we miss you
2.) waldrip watches girl movies
3.) dan danced on the streets of dc. i loved it.

Daniel said...

1) I am dominating - but it is not nearly as fun as it would be with your presence...

2) There was a Melrose potluck - 50% of attendees were not from the Melrose...

3) We have ants

4) I bought and assembled a bookcase...the library has begun...

Mandy said...

1. Peter I love you.

2. Peter I love your sense of humor.

3. Peter I love your sense of humor and that you still retain it even through hard times.

4. Cheaper by the Dozen Two really is a pretty good movie.

5. There is no doubt...you are a big deal!!!

6. I can't wait to give you a big hug.

jcwalburger said...

"A family that I took on a tour of the White House and Capitol Building was there. I think the kids like me better than their own Uncle. Probably because I see them more often."
Really, I can't believe you are going to make a statement like that. I asked will and he said he really doesn't care for you.