The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

When Worlds Collide

A few items of business first.
  • Jennifer please stop having people run into your car. My dear sister has been hit three times in the last 13 months while driving her Jeep Cherokee. Glad she and the girls are OK.
  • Naman washed in the river Seven times. Melanie Beal knew as did I.
  • I'm still hoping that people will send in their "Things I've learned." I imagine most of you got the email. If not the gist of it is that I am compiling a list of things that people have learned/know from their lives. There is a column in Esquire that is celebrating it's 10th anniversary and I liked to know what my friends know. The Washington Post did an article about it a couple of days ago http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/07/AR2008010703003_pf.html . I've received some great bits of wisdom so if you are inclined email me. peterdorsch12@gmail.com
  • I love comments. So if you are inclined to comment go ahead. My entire life is validated by comments on my blog and posts on my Facebook Wall.

One of the things that I always look forward to when I go home to CA is seeing my old friends. I can only vaguely refer to the Licorice fight that Josh, Ryan, and I had at Josh's house in fear that Heather will never again allow us to congregate there. We also enjoyed pulling out the Junior High Yearbook. There's really nothing like the insight left on the pages of a Middle School Annual. Such pearls of wisdom and comradery included : "Stay Cool" "Never Change" "Have a Cool (or if you're a little more provocative Bitchin') Summer". We laughed a lot looking back at those.

Ryan, Josh, and I have been friends forever (except for a little part of eighth grade when out of spite Ryan didn't invite me to his B-day party. So you can choose not to invite someone out of spite but you can not return a jacket out of spite. )

R Barber and MF Josh Rose

My first memory of Brian Rowland. My roommates in college and I were watching TV in King Henry 105. All of a sudden we hear water leaking on our washing machine. There was water coming through the light fixture. We ran up stairs knocked on the door and there was M. Brian Rowland AKA B-Rock. A Fullerton native we bonded over Mad Wolf and the Brea Mall. So what could be better than B-Rock knowing Josh and Ryan. Over the last year or so Worlds have collided as all of us have hung out on a number of occasions. Last week we watched football and shot pool in Orange at a place called Danny K's.

I didn't really have a team to root for but I do enjoying yelling "BEN" as Steelers fan look on. It was a really exciting game and we enjoyed our sampler plate.



Brian Rowland. This man does something very well. That something...DOMINATE.

After the game we moved over to the pool tables. I am an OK pool player. And thanks to Ryan and Josh scratching on the Eight Ball a few times I chalked up a few victories. While at the pool tables we had a lovely server named Shelby. She was very cute and as we were finishing up she showed some interest in us. Now automatically I am leery of the motives from those who work for tips. She asked us what we did and we all told her. Clearly she wanted us to ask her what she did. And boy was she happy to tell us. How she's in school (University of Phoenix Online) she serves at Danny K's, and how she gets paid to shop. The topper was that she and her boyfriend had a business. I couldn't help but think that if she is trying to use her looks to get us to be interested maybe she should have left the BF out of it.

She tries all these sales techniques and even tells us that she a friend who is (her words) "a celebrity". Josh caught on first to all this junk and checked out. B-Rock and I followed suit quickly after. Of course Ryan wanted to talk to her all about it. Her had done something similar in College and he pretty well laughed at the idea.


Josh summed it up pretty well. It takes work and time to make money.

So we left Danny K's and Ryan as mentioned previosuly gave me something to remember him by. Thank you Ryan. I will definitely be returning the favor.

3 comments:

Melanie Eastman said...

2 Kings 5:10

Brian said...

A very wise man once said, "Never trust a big butt and a smile."

Jenn S. said...

Just adding the addendum that all accidents have been NOT MY FAULT!

I swear the jeep is cursed. It needs an exorcism.