The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Mormon Bachelor Parties...Not that Crazy (And a Monday Haiku)


This is Mr. Lincoln Essig. He is entering his last week as a single man. Later this week he will travel to the cross roads of the west to marry his sweetheart Ali. On Friday night Matt, Ryan, Michael, Bryson and myself took him out to Dave & Buster's for his bachelor party. We did something similar for Jeff's Bachelor and Jordan's as well. My girlfriend at the time actually came with us to Jeff's which was really weird. But whatever. My history of bachelor parties is pretty limited. Jim's was fun, we drove mini race cars and Josh's....well I can't really blog about that.

We had a good time eating, laughing, and singing "Happy Birthday" to a woman we did not know. We embarrassed Michael by giving him a a slow clap/standing ovation as he returned from his car. But by far the funniest part was when Ryan I believe pulled out the party poppers. Michael forbade us from setting them off in the restaurant but we did anyway. We walked over to a table and set off poppers for the second time in tribute to a young lady's birthday. She was really suprised (horrified) by our tribute.

I have heard many different people describe Dave & Buster's as Chuck E. Cheese for grownups. That is a pretty fitting description. They have ski ball, basketball shoots, a bunch of video games, and this trivia game where you can win lot of tickets. I was excited to play the trivia game but didn't play as well as I would have hoped. Matt and Ryan made virtual race horses and neither faired particularly well.

At the end of the night we pooled the tickets we had acquired 1235 or so, and got Lincoln some plastic piece of junk. They were out of Handcuffs.

Lincoln was not at all nervous about his upcoming nuptials and is just excited for the future.

Good luck Lincoln.

I've got balls.

Monday Haiku

One Makes Good Meat Sauce

Watched Hours of Oscar Show

You look you get punched

Admit it you looked.

8 comments:

Daniel said...

Is that blackberry in a holster?

Mandy said...

I hate that game.

Danielle said...

I just came into the kitchen and heard some suspicious giggling from a couple of 12-year-olds. Interesting.

Kaylyn said...

Crap, why did you have to do that?! I looked okay, I always look! But it was determined that all of my punishments will be passed to Ryan. Good thing he is tough.

Ryan B. said...

Some plastic peice of crap and a big bundle of joy!

And yes, I looked...

Joshrose16 said...

You can blog about my party. Colton makes for an interesting stop at midnight.

Brian said...

We play the "you look, you get punched" game all day long at work. I love acting like a 7th grader.

Mary said...

I didn't look.