The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Blue Monday

I had a Monday list on my iPod that I used to listen to every Monday morning. As I recall it had "Monday, Monday" by Mamma's and the Papa's , "Manic Monday" by the Bangles , "Blue Monday" by Orgy and I think there was one more Monday song but I can't remember. That was about one year ago exactly I accidentally erased my iPod it was a really bad way to start my morning. Come to think of it that was a pretty bad day in general.

This was a football dedicated weekend. I was either playing, watching or contemplating football all weekend with a little bit of Heroes sprinkled in.


  • I spent a ton of time on my last blog entry. I think it was so long that people bailed out before they could read the whole thing.
  • This football weekend included highs of a great showing by myself in the morning pick up game and the 49ers finding a way to win and lows of being terrible at my Congressional league game and the Cougars losing.
  • Dogey called me on Friday he was in town for his brother's homecoming. It was awesome having Brett play football in the morning and join us to watch the BYU game in the evening.
  • I am on a couple of list serves for work. I find it really annoying when the people on the list serve are bossy. I feel like telling them to calm down.
  • I wrote in my journal yesterday. I have not been so good at writing in it this year. I think it's only been four times. Hopefully the blogging makes up for it.
  • I am not a mingler, in fact I hate mingling. Whether it is a party or between meetings at church I hate having meaningless conversations with people. I know that for my career aspirations to be more realistic I will have to change this. On a bright note I no longer ignore people at the bus stop like I used to. So there is that.

5 comments:

Daniel said...

unrelated to the blog entry (I assume my performance on Saturday did not warrant an entry) - but Nickelback is pretty good for a bunch of Canucks.

Brian said...

Dude, you know how I hate mingling, too. Remember that party we went to when you were here? Bunch of D-Bags. I already have enough friends and don't need to make any new ones, so what's the point of mingling?

Mandy said...

I agree with both you and Brian. I hate mingling. It is painful. I dislike talking with people that I am not close with and will most likely not be close with.

So why do I do it? Because I am single and I someday want to get married and this is the price to be paid.

Frustration.

Jenn S. said...

Shout out to your awesome big sister who hookef you up with front row seats to see the bangles in Bryant Park

PS - Is it appopriate for one to "shout out" themselves.

PPS - remember what we were talking about on the phone on Monday? I'm just sayin . . .

Mary said...

Mingle like it is the start of November of an election year.