The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

The musings of a guy trying desperately to figure out what the heck just happened.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Insomnia

This post won't be quite as authentic as it would have been nine hours ago. My Internet connection was so erratic that I couldn't post then.

After taking the red eye back to DC the jet lag made me have a nice case of insomnia. Something partially cleaning my room, watching the entire first season of Viva La Bam and a couple of episodes of "This American Life" couldn't cure. By 4:00 am I was finally asleep. The thing with insomnia is that you want to sleep, you don't want to be walking around, or thinking, or organizing your bookshelf. Yet I found myself doing all these things. I thought about calling someone but figured that might not have been such a good idea. Now it is 12:00 pm and and I have arisen from a night of vivid dreams and am ready to enjoy my labor day.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Shaking my head

Jenn S. said...

Welcome back to DC!

Jim M. said...

Whatever happened to the rule, "If we're up, they're up?" Actually, that rule didn't work out so well.